Friday, September 30, 2011

Hungry. Fed up. Ready to Go.

Greetings.

Her stomach growls again as she pulls the low rolling office chair closer to the desk. She centers her fingers over the keyboard and proceeds into a frenzy of blurred typing. It growls again and she rolls her eyes. She considers as she rushes through this post, the earlier 'notice' email that was sent to her student account from her college. The library notice was to tell her she now owed $77.50 for an item she could swear to God that she returned. But because she is devout and understands that God discourages swearing, she does not swear. She knows that she no longer has this item. She know it in her heart of hearts which beats like an echo reverberating through the cavern of her empty stomach. So empty.

She continues on in her thoughts to an assignment that was given to her as part of her Workstudy postition as a secreterial aid. She is to forward an important email to unreached program participants. Which does entail typing each of the 50 names into the 'To' box and CC. Nerve racking indeed, one can agree. Her stomach rumbles deep in her abdomen threatening to wrench itself free and take it's care into it's own hands... so to speak.

"What beast was't then?!" she remembers that she must continue to work on her monologue along with the new scene which was assigned to her from Colin [her acting 2 teacher]. She tries to recall the first line of Queen Elizabeth in the scene from Richard the III. Her partner is cool. Nice. But she still cannot overcome the unbearable fact that

SHE IS FRICKING  HUNGRY AND UNABLE TO LEAVE THE OFFICE BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE THAT WOULD NORMALLY WATCH THE FRONT AREA IS GONE NOW, HENCE LEAVING HER TO STARVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She decides to move on. With the post. For her sanity's sake.


Clairvoyant One

As I was sewing
in the room a dreadful
feeling crept in
behind me like a
shadow over my
sunlit face
A dreadrul feeling
I dare say a spirit
Fear blossoming in
my mindat the thought
of company so
unwelcome
I adjusted my
feet beneath my skirts
That just as needed
I may spring forth from
this place
In soft murmurs
my suspicion was sustained
Suddenly mine eyes
An appiration
did see before me
Like some wavering
form of smoke
in white not grey
And just as quick
dissipates into an
image of the mind
My breath catching and
my heart slowing
I return to the sewing
My first moment of
precognition having
ended.


Reason/Inspiration

I don't really have an inspiration for this one. I suppose it just developed this foresight theme as I wrote it. I don't know what got into me. Or should I say "I didn't know what would get into me..." Haha.

Closing/Future

In closing, I am starting to feel my stomach feat on itself. This is a horrible feeling. It's terrible. I pray to God that I get to eat soon. Or I will fade away. Into shade. In the future. I will go chill with friends and take a break from all this academic nonsense.

Zai Jian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts