Monday, September 26, 2011

Sad Stories: Be Thankful

Greetings,

Oh, yes. There are those sad stories that come into your perfectly normal, emotionally stable days and cause you to burst into tears of pity. While checking my hotmail, I came across one of the 'cover' stories on msn.com and it just about put me in that place.

Yep. This place.


"Why did I even read this!?"
A dying man's race against time was almost too much to bear. If you are in public and fear the riducle of your peers as you sob uncontrollably at the beauty and sadness of this article, then you should read it in a private place. I don't want to reiterate it here, so you can read it if you want by clicking the link above. I've gotta stop thinking about it, man, so I won't start boo-hoo-ing again!

Okay. Shake it off.

The thing about sad stories, though, is that they make you grateful for what you have. You end up being thankful that your story is isn't sad... or sadder. I'm glad that right now, at this moment in time, I can say that I have a happy story. And the beauty of that is; I can make it even better. Each day, I get another chance to fix the screw ups and make bigger strides towards my goals. That's all very general and that's only because I don't have time to preach to you....

Which I could do... [musing to herself].

But today I'll spare you. And my fingers.

Or will I....?



Make-shift Love

It fits, it fits she cries
And clinging to her lover
lies
Mine, fair, rejoice
he says lips to her brow
by choice
And lift a finger
And lift a palm
When your heart flies like a dove
into make-shift love
Chase away your mind
Enter the fray blind
As your skin will allow
It flows, O my dear feel the heat
she hints
My heart, O my love tis sweet
he consents
Dig not so deep and when you are hitched
Make no sweep to weep for what could have been
This love is enough
And when it is full, it will be swift
and not
Make-shift


Reason/Inspiration

One of my peers in the TRIO program [sitting right beside me lol] had suggested that I listen to a certain song after I remarked on  her music selection. I found it riveting. The voice was as she'd said 'heavenly' and I listened to it for the entire second half of the poem. It's called Open Your Eyes and it's by Stream of Passion.


Conclusion/Future

I am now listening to one of my favorite bollywood songs 'Suraj Hua Madham' by Sharukh and Kajol. I love them together!

In the future, I will marry an Indian man! [from India...] :D

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts