Friday, September 23, 2011

NOM NOM NOM [Oedipus]

Greetings.

Good news! I just started that blog I was talking about yesterday. It's called I.E. [I EAT]. I hope you guys like it. If you read here, then just migrate over there and comment or one up a few things. Thanks in advance!

I'm stuffed. I just ate a vegitarian philly cheese steak. Big deal man. Big.

The sky cleared up today. The brooding clouds are gone. Maybe because we outshone them, huh? Frequent readers would get that....
Anywho. It's nice and fluffy out there like a pastel blue moonwalk bouncy house thingy. I'm looking out the window now from the library, stealing glances as I type this with awesome amazing cooltastic speed. [Also as I answer text messages and prep for an online quiz I'm about to do].

Dr.K, my World Lit professor, is cooltastic too. He makes up his own words and I just enjoy his class to the max. Today we talked about Oedipus the King. Poor fellow. That's all I can say. If I get into that, it could become another blog in itself, on literary analysis. Which Dr. K is pretty darn good at if you ask me. And the people who gave him that Phd... so yeah!

Check out Oedipus though. It's a tradgedy, but [if you don't know the backstory] it's also a mystery. One of the oldest mysteries. It's well written and complexly entertaining. Thumbs up.



Who am I Ebert and Roper? Is that who they are... ? You know the movie critics... that how you say they're name? IDK. *shrug*



Blind vs. Blinded

Unfold my predestined hate
And wither the vine that
fed me
Gather the foul scent of late
that scatters tortured
piety
Yearn for my fist and
wash off my hand
This is a moment
to define a land
A movement that stirs
every beast in it's corner
Every saint every sinner
And hidden mourner
When my sight stolen or
from myself I take
with golden brooches
these eyes do I rake
Henceforth in this state
no man can now find
the blinded I am
in my previous
blind


Reason/Inspiration

Read Oedipus the King [Rex] and you will understand. No music today. Simply an analytical mind.

Closing/Future

In closing, literature is a wonderful thing. And that my friends is an immense understatement and overgeneralization combined. In the future, I will be an author of great works. And you will all be glad to have known me here. No Hubris intended.

;)


Adio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts