Thursday, September 8, 2011

Upgraded to Intern?

Greetings.


Today at my workstudy job at the dance studio, my supervisor asked me if I minded running to Starbucks [which is in the same strip mall as the studio; hence a 1 minute walk] to get her coffee and oatmeal. I was so excited. It felt like I was being promoted for some strange reason. I was all, "Yeah! Of course I can." She was super happy. But I know I should have used less time sniffing the yumminess in Starbucks and more time getting the studio clean before I had to make a run for the bus.

Chinese class went well today. I had a fight with my hunger right before class. My hunger lost. Well, my taste buds lost. My wallet won. I wanted to go to the Chinese place round the corner for the lunch special [so yummy] but I decided to stick to the ramen I had hiding in the employee refrigerator. *shrug* It was much more economical.

Not that you care about all that stuff!!
But I bet you do care about my new musical addiction, yes you do!



It's a great album cover too. Jack Johnson has the magic touch. Or sound. We've never actually met, so... Yeah, I'm gonna leave that alone before it gets awkward....


Untitled


You can scratch the surface
But you will never know
 It can be a measly purpose
And it can let my passion flow
If you say I'm not ok
You can see the tip
Of the bay
Iceberg
It's deep
Miles below
You could creep
And still be so
Far away
from the day
You will
Feel
my
way



Reason/Inspiration

The inspiration was from a couple of Lykke Li songs that I just heard today. I was listening to the lyrics earlier and found a small repeating pattern in the emotion of the music of both songs. This poem is a spinoff of the emotions in that song. I didn't even have a title, that's how convoluted the logic is here. But still... it's something.

Closing/Future

In closing, I am getting PAID this weekend! Yes! Fun, yes. In the future....

There will be shopping.


Guten Tag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts