Thursday, August 25, 2011

Stupid Public Transportation! [A Rant]

Greetings.

Yes. I know I said this would not be a dumping ground for the troubles of my life. But. It's not a dumping ground if you clean up after yourself! :D

I hate the public transportation systems. I hate the buses. I hate the trains. I hate getting to places that I'd said I'd be on time for, late! I hate not having my own car. That's right. Maybe I should be pin-pointing the real problem here....

My lack of personal transportation.

I've been meaning to get a moped or a car this semester. I was looking up models I liked and prices. Then... I got into the Registration rush and got distracted. Back to business. I need a car, people!!!


This is a cute Stella Moped.


I want to hurry up and get the CDs for  this Chinese class. I'm doing good with Pinyin. I think that's how you spell it.... But yes. My tutor says good job after I repeat so that's a cool thing right?


Intro

I don't really have an idea right now. And luckily I have plenty of time to rove the internet. So, that is just what I am going to do.


Okay. I got it. Funny thing: I didin't even need the internet. Somebody heard that I was looking for inspiration so he handed me C.K. Williams' "Poems 1963-1983". I fipped open to page 5 and I saw something that inspired the following.
+



The Hands on My Tongue


Clasping to every morsel of
Knowledge and
Air
Pressing through my lips
to seek the fingertips of
The Ubiquitous
that seems to relish my
reaching
groping
The void that dug into my side
Sing this song
Sound this sound
As the airwaves pass through my outstretched
digits
Vibrating my nail beds and teeth
Build on these palms and extended tongue
Build like the crecendo of a lullaby
Along my lifeline and tastebuds

The flavor of need
of oily greed
of desire
to feed



Reason/ Inspiration

It's hard to understand myself sometimes. But in my opinion, ones' poetry is not meant to be understood all the time. It is meant to be expressed. Released. I love that one song by Incubus, which was shown to me by a friend a few months ago. Like I said too, a guy behind me just handed me the C.K. Williams book. If you want to know about the poem on page 5 then go visit your local library. :D



Closing/Future

In closing, I am going to munch on some of my leftovers from lunch. [Chinese] :D. And tonight I am going to see Cirque Du Soleil! Yay, me! In the future.... there will be rain. Apparently.


Ta`





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts