Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fellow Zelots

Greetings,

I have already pleaded with you on Tuesday to not crucify me about missing a day. I know it seems dumb, but I was dog tired and ready to hit the sack after realizing that I'd have to teach myself Chinese. Yes. You heard right. I will be teaching myself Chinese this semester [with the feeble help of the Chinese exchange student tutor, bless his heart who is quite nice, but still] and 90% of my grade will be the final exam. I know that I am being somewhat melodramatic, but you put yourself in my shoes.

Oh, make no mistake. I will learn Chinese this semester and bring home that gleaming A in all classes to reach that Dean's List status once again. Of course. But I know I'm gonna break a sweat. And no tha wasn't just figuratively.

I know I can because I already successfully taught myself bits of Japanese because of my love of anime and manga. Also some mandarin and Korean because of my love of Asian-pop music. :D



I just finished eating lunch. But before that I was at a manadorty Fine Arts Major meeting. And before that I was at the Drama Club meeting. It's Wednesdays at noon, which is why I set my schedule up to have that time free. I so excited about this whole year. Grease will be so amazing. I will get a role. I will. I must. I will. :D  And will chant my victory when I do right here on this blog so you can know. Okay?

Furthermore, I have found two fellow zelots in my acting class and drama club today. And I am happy. Like I've found my dis-harmonious twin(s). :D


Intro

Energy on the stage is dynamic. Whether for a small audience or a massive stadium crowd, you feel electricity. Enter 'Valuzidity'.



Valuzidity

Feel like a balloon so HIgh
Don't get too high
But feel like a diamond
In the eye of the rough
Of this life
Make a noise
So it resonates   in the ear of the receptors
Fizzling like the tunes of
Every era
Every hearer touched
by the Valuzidity



Reason/ Inspiration

I made this word up as you probably could have guessed, but hopefully the meaning can be grasped through the words. I wanted to create a word that relayed the way I think the electricity or energy on stage should sound... in a single word. I'm sure many of you will have something to say about this .... so please do! Feedback!


Closing/Future


In closing, I am about to pick out my first Classical monologue for Acting 2. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Anything, and I do mean anything, would be helpful. Really! Plus, in the future you can expect at least 3 posts per week. I suppose that is the amendment I told you to be wary of. But on the bright side, you can also expect me to get a part in Grease!

Yay!

Bai Bai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts