Thursday, August 4, 2011

Here's the Deal

Good Afternoon,

I'm glad to be here and alive today. How about you? Don't worry, I don't feel like this all the time. You will surely not be tired of my moods. They will always be interesting; always deviating from the norm. With that said I want to state the theme and purpose of this blog.

The theme: what to expect as far as content is poetry and songwriting. I made a promise to myself that I would start a blog in August of 2011. And I also promised myself that I would post one poem [at least] each day on said blog. I may also explain the reason I posted each poem that I do, how I felt, what inspired it and so on. Since I've made that a requirement for myself, in addition to that if I have time I may add some little bit about some music I like or a current event. On rare occasions I may post an excerpt from one of my short stories or novels.

The purpose of this blog is to establish discipline for myself as a writer of poetry, short stories, novels and songs. Yes I've written at least one of each. But lately I feel like I want more of a solid practice for myself. SO, I've made a promise to myself to write at least one poem each day for this fall. My finish date as of now is December 20th.

The order of these posts will be as follows:

1) Greeting
2)Today is...
3) Intro to poem or excerpt
4)Poem/Song/Excerpt
5) Reason/ Inspiration
6) Closing/ What to expect in the future

I have also promised myself to promptly respond to messages and comments. All feedback and criticism is very much appreciated.

Okay, so here goes. In each post, a deal is a deal.


Untitled

As for other matters
Be it as it was with you
be it as faithful
be it as kind
and as loving
No commands, no
Payment is unseen, but collected nonetheless
Anyone who is unwilling to work
shall not
Eat


This poem was inspired by my faithful listening to my audio bible. Just happened to be listening to 2nd Thesselonians. Some of my poems are inspired by my Christianity and other by my just being Christyn...

:D

Thank you for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts