Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving [no]Break

Greetings.

You can tell from the title where I'm going with this can't you? Tis the bond of blogger and avid follower. I did not get a real 'break' over Thanksgiving weekend. At least I didn't in the relaxing sense of the word.

I wrote three two page papers, worked my way through five lesson reviews for Chinese class and made my way [laboriously so] through 9 pages of 14 from Book 9 of Paradise Lost by John Milton. Perhaps I should have done that in bullet points...

Oh, well. You get the idea. I worked my butt off. I want a 4.0 this semester. And I can just taste it!

Good news though!

Right before the break, I got an offer to join Phi Theta Kappa, an honors society, and I finished the membership process. I'm going to be inducted on Dec. 2nd! Isn't that exciting!?

I have no clue what those Greek letters mean, but I do intend to find out! :D

I thought I had an Astronomy Test today, but it turns out it's on Wednesday. I was so relieved. But I played it off like I knew.

Overall, I'd say this day was pretty productive. I know where I need to go with this World Lit. paper because I visited Dr. Kelley again today. He never dissapoints. How could he when he cover every single topic you think you thought...

Yeah. Gonna leave that alone. He's a great professor though. Some of his students just don't get it... what they have access to... *shrug*. Their loss.

I am munching so loud on Doritos... I'm surprised that no one has popped up behind me and shushed me epically. But yes. I will now write a poem.


Sitting and Thinking

Methinks
there is much more to be said
Far more than what can be written
can be read
I'll wager
so much in fact it's quite the qualm
Closer to the eye than
yet to the palm
Ponder, do I
a larger meaning than can be explained
further from our minds than
what I originally
feigned...


Reason/Inspiration

I wrote this because sitting and thinking is something that I like to do. And today I discovered that someone I admire highly enjoys it also! Dr. K! So, this poem is inspired by him.

Closing/Future

In closing, my favorite thing to do when sitting is imagine. But thinking is the second favorite thing. In the future, I will most likely not be found sitting and thinking because there is far too much work to be done to ensure my 4.0, however I can be observed sitting and writing... or worrying... or chanting... or memorizing... or reciting.... or something else..... to do with studying.

>_<

Adieu

1 comment:

Popular Posts