Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dunkin' Doughnuts & Coffee Skin

Greetings.

I had a great day. And you know me. I wouldn't say that flippantly. I got back to riding Marta, sad to say, but it let me go back to listening to my praise and worship music in the mornings. It really does set the tone for your day. I almost got knocked off my block about a defective toll box on that bus I had to take first. But still, things turned out for the better. I forgot about it.

And when I rolled up in the office to do workstudy, they had those Dunkin' Doughnuts! On deck! Yeah, no lie, I seriously like ate... like... four or five. No shame. I know I'll burn it all off just walking. And that's the truth. I had this pumpkin spice doughnut with light glaze... ohhh... just made my mouth water thinking bout it. A blueberry cake doughnut. And someother randoms, that I ate just because they were sitting there in the box.... calling my name.... like....staring at me man....




And I'm like


Just gotta have one more!!

But yeah. Thank God that sugar like that is not readily availible to me on a daily basis. Or else I would be a much more different person than I am today....

Like:


ATTTAAACKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But  yes. After that wonderful sugar, I had to get right into work and organize my portfolio for Chinese class. Emphasis or organization... *cough* if you know what I  mean. You probably don't. But that 's okay. Lol...

I came back from class and I got into a very intruiging conversation with some fellow office peeps. It was really cool. It always gets me hyped up... at least on the inside anyways, to be around other intellectually developed peers. It makes me happy on the inside to think, "Hey, I'm not the only person who thinks this way!" It's really encouraging. You know.

We talked about how African Americans lack a sense of culture in the depth that many other cultures may have been priviledged to know. We talked about having sense of identity as a person with mixed background, recently in the bloodline. We discussed having been the kid with 'light skin' or 'good hair'. Of course the whole general definition of 'good hair' came up as well. It was just soo cool! You know it was like a really good moment where you feel like a college student. You  know what I mean? We're all flexing our intelligence and philosophical savvy and such! It's just cool to me.

I know. I'm strange. But guess what?

I like it.

:D

Forever

Fools forever
Fellow fools
Fanciful followers
Fleeing falicy
Forgotten fantasies
Forlorn families
Fall forward
Forever


Reason/Inspiration

Listen. Then read this. It flowed to me. IDK. smh. Yǒushí, wǒ kěyǐ suíjī.....



Closing/Future

In closing, I'm looking forward to the Thanksgiving break because I'm about to attack these finals. Yes. Two weeks before, I'm gonna be on point with my knowledge. In the future, you can say hello to my little friend called 4.0. Yessir. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts