Monday, November 7, 2011

"CRISI, you got some 'splainin to do!"

Greetings.




I'm sorry.
Please forgive me.
I have broken my promise.
I have been faulty in keeping our agreement.
I beg for your forgiveness and grovel at your feet!

I know I missed the last two blogs for Thrusday and Friday of last week. But you have no idea how busy I was!! First, I had to take care of some weird conspiracy theory about my campaign. Then I had to run around carrying a gajillion bags to spend the night over a friend's house. She was cool about it though [all the bags that is]. Then I wasn't able to get on the internet and post over the weekend cuz I was tooo busy celebrating by

Birthday!

Here's the sitch:

I wrote a journal entry on paper to type here. See, I didn't forget all about you after all!


November 5th, 2011

So, I'm sitting here at 6:20am in a Starbucks in Midtown Atlanta. It's Saturday. Tommorow is my birhday. Kahlia, my best friend, has "abandoned" me here because she has a 7:00am shift at her job [a place called Doguroo]. The sun is not up yet. The sky is an impenetrable blanket of charcoal blue. I forgot you can't see the stars downtown because of the smog.You know how lazy the sun gets in the winter. I'm apparently the third person in the shop. The other two are older/elderly white guys who are intent only on their coffee and newspaper. I order a veggie monterey jack free range egg white breakfast sandwhich and a bottle of 'Naked' fruit smoothie [mighty mango flavored]. The bill comes up to $7.32. But I just got paid yesterday. A homeless man just came in and greeted me before setting down in a LazyBoy adjecent to my table and promptly fell asleep. I feel like following suit. I'm absolutely exhausted. We went to sleep the night before at 2am or so and we woke up at 5:30am. I could hardly sleep because of the stinking cat that kept shifting at the foot of our bed. So I can literally feel my eyelids trying to slide closed when I stop writing. More people are starting come in. A pair of girls.  A few runners. The sun begins to creep up slowly, turning the navy blue sky into deep cerulean and pale yellow. Then peach and blue. Edges of pink dance around the clouds along the skyline. I have a table facing the window. It's a bit chilly here by the window, but I like t he spot. I have to buy some coffee, I decide. Or I will end up like the homless man: slouched and sighing in the nearby LazyBoy. I rise and return to the counter, greeted by a new, male, fairly handsome clerk. I order a bold tall coffee for $1.62. Nice. We [the clerk and I] joke about how we are both still waking up. I return to my table. The sun is further up, and the whole sky is baby blue and streaked gray now. I notice that the buses on the street are passing at a much faster rate per hour than near my house. SMH. I sip the coffee only five times and I can tell my eyes are getting wider by the milisecond. I only added two packet of raw sugar... but "bold" will do that to you I suppose.
One of the clerks is trying to wake up the homeless man by calling to him less than a foot away. She refuses to get closer.
"Sir? Excuse me, sir!?" she says.
The man is unresponsive, neither shuffling or opening his eyes. She returns to the counter and I over hear her confiding to her cowoker that she is calling 911.


I lost the composition notebook that I was pulling this from. Kahlia took it back home. :(

So this will be



Au Revoir

1 comment:

Popular Posts