Sunday, November 13, 2011

Homecoming Night

Greetings.

I just had a great time at my Homecoming last night. I wore my ball gown. It was gold and cream. I wore flats. And that God I did. I didn't stress over my hair. And everything worked out great.

So:

I was supposed to arrive early to have a rehearsal with the rest of Homecoming court. I arrived right on time. 6:30. Or well... I was a little early but still. But we ended up not having it. Only two other queens came in the beginning. The third materialized around 'crowning time' along with my thought to be nonexistent king. The guy hasn't responded to any emails from SGA. He didn't show up for the parade on our campus, he didn't show up for the basketball game on Friday. Or rehearsal [which didn't take place, but still!]. It would have been nice to have some more support from my own campus though!

Shout out to all the Royal Court of 2011 that actually SHOWED UP!

The few songs they played that I actually liked, I couldn't really dance to [because of the dress]. And the other songs were too ghetto or I didn't even know them. Maybe it's because I don't really listen to the radio anymore. But anyways I didn't want to dance that much. I was distracted...

In other more fun news:

You know how you meet somebody really cool, who is not only attractive, but decent and sweet all wrapped up into one? And then you get all nervous and try to always say the right thing? And then you end up clicking and everything turns out fine in the end? No better than fine.... they turn out to be like butterflies in your stomach and your cheeks hurting from smiling so much....?


I live for those moments. And I will end on that lovely note. :3


Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts