Thursday, February 2, 2012

Nature

Greetings.


I had the most wonderful afternoon today just laying back and watching nature. I got all my work in on time for Play Analysis today. That put me in a good mood. And then the weather put me in an even better one.


Spring Afternoon

The cool concrete beneath me scratches against my jeans. A soft breeze stirs the thick green leaves of the  Magnolia tree overhead. The clouds were reminiscent of stretched cotton balls. They moved swiftly across the bright Egyptian blue sky. The smell of leaves and damp soil blew around my head as I clutched the tiny, musty book to my chest. It's pages were yellowing and smelled as though it hadn't been opened in forever. The sun shimmered through the branches like a diamond perched in the leaves. The bands and lines of light radiated from that tiny, yet excruciatingly bright point, pulsing outward in white-yellow and faded green. The clouds morphed constantly, blowing away almost completely until only tiny smears of tissue paper like fragments remained. They resembled faint white little flames dancing over the light shade of cerulean. Then the clouds dwindled even more until they seemed as pale light cast on rippling water. The tree swayed with musical grace in the moderate breeze. Such a peaceful state until suddenly a drill began to crack at the roofing of the building behind which I hid.


Zai Jian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts